Friday, April 07, 2006

top 5 lists

Tagged by Jackie:

In the kitchen:

1. fry cooker (Gretchen makes good fries, in lard mind you, not oil or some weak stuff like that)
2. Sasha Poell(American Family Insurance agent) letter opener - I much prefer the clean slice of a letter opener as opposed to just using a finger; it's just so messy
3. pen and pad of paper - I'm a list-maker, and that's what's needed to, you know, make lists
4. self-propelled electric can opener - I put the can in, start it, WALK AWAY, go do something else for five or ten seconds, I get back, and BOOM, the can is open for me
5. pictures on the fridge (including me and Gretchen, me and my niece, Olivia, and my freakishly large football-playing younger brother)

In the closet (various closets, I should say):

1. CDs that aren't in my car (most of them are good; some I regret ever buying, but that'll happen)
2. old print issues of The Onion
3. a box fan (I prefer to sleep with a fan or something else that makes a calming noise)
4. solid-colored t-shirts (green, black, and brown, among others)
5. tennis shoes (i have a old pair for lawn mowing, etc., a kind of new pair for casual wear, and a new pair for b-ball and v-ball)

In my bag (or briefcase really):

1. my planner (I can't stress that enough)
2. current issue of The Onion
3. current book I'm reading (in this case, Under and Alone by William Queen, this badass who went undercover in a motorcycle gang and then busted a bunch of them -- it ain't deep reading, but I'm fascinating by crim e books and things like that)
4. my fancy leather portfolio (trust me, it impresses people -- only mine was only $9.99, yet still impressive)
5. my business card (currently saying Mike Postiglione, Estimating, someday to say ESTIMATOR)

At the office:

1. my computer speakers (on which I listen to the Wildcat 91.9 online most of the time)
2. my ScrabbleGram and Onion daily desk calendars (as an aside, here's an interview with John D. Williams, Jr., Executive Director of the National Scrabble Association)
3. every color of highlighter (used during drawing take-offs)
4. daily to-do list (created in Word and printed out at the end of the day)
5. digitizer board (where take-off is done; it's actually kind of fun, believe it or not)

At home:

1. a bottle or can of thrifty beer (say, Milwaukee's Best Light or Natural Light)
2. my computer (a lot of entertainment from one box, that's what I always say)
3. my leather recliner (recently acquired from Gretchen's cousin's grandparents, and it is comfy)
4. my bed
5. foosball table (working on becoming a master, but I have a ways to go)


I tag Chris R. and Eric W. if no one has yet, anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you got me beat in the list making obsession...you type them in word...? I am impressed. Oh, and I also have to sleep with a fan on.
Great list, and I second the tag to Eric W!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you carry an actual breif case. Is it maroon colored with brass combination locks on the front? by the way, the last dude on your work website look kinda creepy.

PostScorch! said...

I'd like a different one. It's pretty sad. It's black with tan handles, and it's made with that synthetic fabric (which is usually what free giveaways are made out of). And this was a free giveaway.

And, Gene could kick your ASS. But he's cool, if you're on his good side.