Friday, November 04, 2005

glimpse ahead...and behind

What’s happened the past week, and what is to come this weekend, you ask? (Well, maybe you didn’t, but you’re here reading anyway, so carry on)

Just another day at the office today. I’m holding down the fort because Bob is out of the office, traveling to South Bend for the Notre Dame game. Luckily, I’m big enough for my britches. It’s hard to be motivated though because: A) it’s Friday, B) Bob and Tim are gone, making me wish I was gone, and C) all my tasks for the day aren’t immediately pressing, making it harder to complete them. This week, though, I’ve switched to listening to radio on the computer instead of the stereo, because I recently came to the realization that Kansas City radio is mindless, repetitive crap. (Some would say that’s how all radio is, and to an extent, I agree, but that’s for another time and place).

Lately, I’ve been on a talk radio kick. My rough schedule has been Mancow in the morning. He’s a “shock jock” of sorts. He’s easy to listen to, if that makes sense, though I find his prank phone calls annoying and ridiculous. I usually follow that up with some Rush Limbaugh (yeah, I consider myself conservative, wanna fight about it?), who is also an intriguing listen. In the late afternoon, it varies. I’ll either hook up some KMOX action (AM talk station back in STL) or just surf around to find another station. www.radio-locator.com is a solid site. It lists thousands of radio stations all around the country, and also lets you know which are capable of being listened to online.

The weekend looks to be slightly eventful. Gretchen and I are heading to Wichita for the weekend. We’ll visit with her family, and also attend the wedding of a couple of losers we know. Brad and Bekka, best of luck to the both of you. I’ll be sure to enjoy the leisure time that the weekend brings as well. Perhaps take a jog, hit the tennis courts, play a game of Scrabble or two. That is one conflict this weekend to mention: I’ll be missing the semimonthly Overland Park Scrabble Club meeting, but I’ll take it to the house next time I’m there.

Ooh, the boss just gave me a project to handle. That gives it the official “pressing” tag, so I better scorch it. Have a nice weekend.

No comments: