Tuesday, January 03, 2006

to phree or not to phree

That is the question.

I stumbled upon this section of the website last week. Want to be a Writer?


I had always assumed it was similar to the Onion, where there was a certain group of hired writers and that was that. But, apparently, there are hundreds of contributors across the country that submit stories every week. (See the Contributors section for that large list.)

So now I wonder, do I attempt to submit some stories to the Phat Phree? I've always enjoyed everything I've read on the site. Inappropriate and sexually-tinged humor is right up my alley. But can I produce something they'd be looking for? I guess it's worth a shot. It isn't for the money (they don't offer any) or the fame (I prefer to avoid the limelight); I just think it would just be cool to see a submission by me on one of my favorite sites. The only other catch is "We also want people who are interested in contributing regularly," say the editors of the Phat Phree. I can't guarantee that would happen, as infrequent posts on my blog might illustrate. In the end, I was pondering sending something in, but I thought I'd get everyone's two cents on the issue.

PS - I thank Brad K. especially, because he introduced me to the Phat Phree about a year ago. It was a beautiful moment indeed. Also, it's Brad's birthday tomorrow. Happy birthday. Loser.

No comments: