Wednesday, October 05, 2005

blog you very much

What's new these days? A couple things matter at this point.

For one, the St. Louis Cardinals are in the baseball playoffs and up one to nothing in the series. BOOM. I think they can win the World Series, but it will not be an easy road; there are several good teams in the playoffs this year. Let's just hope the Cardinals bats don't die in the World Series like they did last year.

TV is taking up more of my time this new season. There are a couple of good, well, I hesitate to use the word "sitcom," because I don't think any of them really are. I'll just say a couple of good comedy shows on. They come in pairs. On Monday nights on FOX, are Arrested Development at 7 PM CST, and Kitchen Confidential right after that. They both just have this unique visual and comedic style, and it's the type of humor that I enjoy. I can't quite put a name on it, but I know I like it.

And, on Tuesday evenings, at 8 PM CST, is My Name is Earl, which came off looking bad in the previews and commercials, but in actuality is a really good show. I'd say I recommend it more than any of the other shows I'm enjoying currently. After that is the Office at 8:30, which I say takes a watching or two to get used to, but it really is subtly hilarious. Working in an office helps to understand the humor as well (but I sat back and thought, who doesn't work in an office? not that people don't, but honestly the first ten folks I thought of worked in an office. so don't refute my claim if you take it literally) Last night's episode was especially good. The boss was gone, so they came up with the first interoffice Olympiad. And they gave out medals made of paper clips and yogurt lids. In the end, just try these shows. I love them. You may not. But please, wet your feet a bit.

And, in the more serious realm, Gretchen and I are doing a little house browsing. It's early, since our lease on the townhouse isn't up til June, but it's good to get a head start. The reality of it all has not freaked me out just yet. It's probably my after-work ritual of a beer, listening to Blind Melon and Ween, and playing some online Scrabble that keeps me sane.

It's starting to get rather cool. Remember your jacket next time you go out.

No comments: