Tuesday, March 15, 2005

the job search

Well, reality is setting in. The job search is on. College is almost over.

I sent letters and resumes to nine construction firms last Friday. (Yeah, instead of the straight-up architecture firm courting, I thought I'd travel a different avenue, hopefully a less-traveled one by fellow soon-to-be architecture graduates).

I made some follow-up calls today. Most I either had to leave a message or they had not yet received my correspondence (I figured I had given enough time, but perhaps not). The best phone call was to Jacobs, where Theresa Czolgosz (which might top Postiglione if you ask me) said she had received my resume, and was sending it to the appropriate people. I was supposed to call her back on Monday. They are supposedly in need of "design people," so we'll see what happens.

Hitting the lottery and moving to Amsterdam is still my first choice, but I guess getting a job is a close second.

Until next time...

http://www.ween.com

No comments: