Wednesday, March 23, 2005

day of reckoning...for my wisdom teeth

Yes, today is the day. My first surgical procedure.

I've heard it's no big thing. I'm sure it isn't. But there's always that slight apprehension of the unknown.

Yet, that's what the Valium is for. So I at least have that to look forward to.

A lot of people are questioning the method by which I will be having surgery. Specifically, taking valium and then use of a local anesthetic. Others I have talked to say that would rather be "knocked out," which is another common way of tranquilizing the patient. I'm not worried that much in the end.

As long as I can eat solid food again by Easter, and maybe shoot some hoops on Sunday, if I'm feeling up to it, I'll be a happy man.

Next time I write, I will be a different man. Four teeth lighter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

see if you can score some extra valium before you leave the doc's office...I'm willing to pay top dollar.