Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pulp Fiction and playing the guitar

I enjoy the movie Pulp Fiction. It just has a coolness about it, for lack of a better term, though coolness is an actual word, and it is a playable Scrabble word as well. Then, I was on www.imdb.com checking out more things about Pulp Fiction and it has these trivia and goofs sections. They are very interesting as well. It makes me want to go back and watch the movie again (not that I didn't want to already), since now I know things like the bullet holes in the apartment wall are already there prior to the crazy kid coming out of the bathroom with his gun blazing. And so on. Check out: A) the movie if you haven't seen it, and/or B) all the various "goofs" listed on the internet. I'm sure it was picked out by nerds who watched the movie over and over, frame by frame, but for their efforts, I shall reap the benefits.

And the real question is, should I learn to play the guitar? It is quite an undertaking (the decision to play left or right-handed alone is a difficult decision, since most guitars are right-handed but i'm left-handed, but i'm sure instructional books and things of that nature are geared towards right-handers. yet, i've always air-guitared left-handed. vexing indeed.) I didn't fare well attempting to learn the harmonica, an assumably easier task, so this will take some pondering. And a guitar isn't cheap, either. You can't just stick that guitar in the drawer after spending 10 bucks and forget about it like the mouth harp.

The reason for learning would be to play famous songs I know, definitely not to write my own music. Ween is the music that I want to know how to play the most; of course, Dean Ween is one of the most badass players in the land, so learning the songs he can play is probably harder to the Nth degree. It was just a thought. I'll see how bad the yearning gets.

Well, now, I shall pick out new CDs to bring in to work to listen to (since the radio reception in our metal shed building sucks the big D). It's a 24-CD book, so I must choose wisely from the 275 CDs I currently possess. So far, those who have made the cut include: Ween, Clutch, Flaming Lips, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Big Star, and Neil Young.

Man, I haven't written this much in a long while. My wrists are hurting. But for my (four) faithful readers (if that), I'll do anything.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think your wrist is hurting because you've been writing to much.....

Unknown said...

that last post may have been to subtle, let me speak in a more direct manner......you're wrist hurts because you've been whacking off too much.

Unknown said...

too many tug jobs.