Wednesday, July 13, 2005

SCRABBLE

I will not lie. I adore the game of Scrabble. I was once a "vocabmaster" in my day (I don't believe that was self-proclaimed either, to your chagrin I'm sure), so this love for the deemed "crossword board game" is understandable.

Recently, I've been playing online (an excellent site is www.isc.ro, where you can download the program and play with others, free) and reading up on tips and strategy. I've even been reading some competitive Scrabble player biographies. They are riveting.

I can't totally explain what makes it so great. Yes, it's word-related, so that's one reason. Two, I love the sheer impossibility of two games being exactly alike. Unless people try it, and even then it will be an undeniably vexing task, there will never be two exact Scrabble boards seen by ANYONE in their entire life. Amazing, no?

I'm sure there will be many other blog entries on Scrabble, but for now I'll leave you on the edge of your seat.

2 comments:

jill m said...

i just put a pretty funny picture of you on my blog site...you better take a look!

jill m said...

oops...www.jillm.com