Tuesday, February 21, 2006

my office

Some of the women in my office light candles in their areas because they enjoy the smell.

I also have a couple of (free) candles that I brought into the office. There are two reasons I did so.

One, there are times, usually in the early morning, when my body tends to emanate some rather off-putting odors. So, the scent of the candle masks this smell, to some extent.

Secondly, I place the candles on a shelf that is clearly visible down the hallway that leads to my office. This way, it serves as a beacon or warning light to those approaching. "Proceed at your own risk," it subtly reveals.

Slowly, people are realizing what the candles are there for. No, it's not because I'm a "fruit," to quote one of my co-workers. Funnily enough, the few who haven't caught on yet include the ladies in the office who are regular candle users. They visit me every time they spot the candle lit, to either compliment how well my candle goes with theirs, or to check what scent it is today. If they only knew the rest of the story...

No comments: